Child Trust Fund

Scottish Friendly no longer accepts new applications into the Child Trust Fund.

Why not take a look at our Junior ISA or tax-free investments for children.

The Child Trust Fund: important changes

Due to Government changes to Child Trust Fund accounts, Scottish Friendly no longer accepts new applications into the Child Trust Fund.

Can I still invest into my existing account?

If however your child was born between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011, you and your family and friends can continue to invest into an existing Child Trust Fund.

These investments can either be regular monthly or one-off payments - to a maximum of £4,128 per year (once added this money cannot be withdrawn until the child reaches age 18).

Also it will still be possible to change the type of account and/or move it to another provider.

To make an additional investment, please read the Managed Growth Fund - Key Investor Information document before completing the CTF Additional Investment Form.

For further information relating to the charges and costs associated with the Managed Growth Fund, as detailed in the Key Investor Information Document, please see our Enhanced disclosure of fund charges and costs page.

How can I invest for other children?

If your child was born before 1 September 2002 or after 2 January 2011 and you’re looking for another way to invest for your child’s future, why not take a look at our Junior ISA or tax-free investments page, which includes tax-exempt savings plans for children.


No advice has been provided by Scottish Friendly in relation to this plan. If you are in any doubt as to whether this plan is suitable for you, you should contact a financial adviser for advice. If you do not have a financial adviser, you can get details of local financial advisers by visiting Advisers may charge for providing such advice and should confirm any cost beforehand.

For more information visit the Government's Child Trust Fund website (opens in new window).