About investing in this ISA
- My Select (ISA) is a medium to long-term investment of at least 5 years and ideally 10.
- As with all investments, it's important to be aware that the value can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you've paid in.
- If you cash in before the end of 5 years there will be a £50 deduction from your cash-in value.
About tax and ISAs
- Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances. Tax law may change in the future.
- Tax-free means the policy grows free of income or capital gains tax (other than tax that's already paid i.e. on dividends from UK shares).
- There are four different types of ISA - Investment ISA, Cash ISA, Innovative Finance ISA and Lifetime ISA - and you can have one of each in the current tax year.
- The current ISA limit is £20,000 and this is the total you can invest across all types of ISA each year.