Tax-free investments

Tax-free investments

With our Scottish Bond and Child Bond you could start investing tax-free for you or a special child in your life today

With our tax-free investment bonds, you can put aside a regular amount with the aim of building a handy cash sum for you or a child under the age of 16 for later in life.

Our tax-free investment bonds

  • Put aside between £15 and £25 a month for 10 years, in addition to your ISA allowance.
  • The money is invested in a single fund.
  • The bond is the property of the policyholder.
Find out more>
  • Put aside between £10 and £25 a month for up to 18 years for a child under the age of 16.
  • Your money is invested in a single fund.
  • The bond is the property of the child.
Find out more>

Tax-free means the fund your/ the child's plan invests in grows free of income and capital gains tax (other than tax on dividends from UK shares). Please note that tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and tax law may change in the future.

You could get back less than you've paid in and if you cash in within the first 2 years, you will get nothing back.

For tax reasons, a small amount of life cover is also included in each bond.

Tax-free allowance 2017

Tax free allowance

As well as your annual ISA allowance, the Government lets you put additional cash into a tax-exempt savings plan (TESP). So you can invest even more for your family’s future every year — and still beat the taxman.

Find out about your tax-free allowance

Other tax-free investments



An Individual Savings Account is a way to save or invest for the future. There are three types for adults — Cash ISA, Innovative Finance ISA, Lifetime ISA and Stocks and Shares ISA.

More about ISAs

Junior ISA

Junior ISA

A Junior ISA is an Individual Savings Account for children. There are two types, both giving family and friends the chance to put money aside for a youngster.

More about Junior ISAs

Our ISAs let you start investing from just £10 a month

Find more about a Scottish Friendly ISA>


No advice has been provided by Scottish Friendly. If you are in any doubt as to whether a plan is suitable for you, you should contact a financial adviser for advice. If you do not have a financial adviser, you can get details of local financial advisers by visiting Advisers may charge for providing such advice and should confirm any cost beforehand.