When you set up a My MoneyBuilder Select (ISA), your money will be invested in an investment policy within a Scottish Friendly ISA. The policy then invests in our Unitised With-Profits fund. To apply for this ISA you need to be 18 or over and a UK resident. You can subscribe to only one stocks and shares ISA each tax year. For the current tax year the overall maximum you can save in all your ISA types is £20,000. Please remember that this is a medium to long term investment (of at least 5 years, preferably 10). Your investment will grow free from tax, except for any tax we pay on your behalf (such as on dividends from UK shares). Tax treatment will depend on your own individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. Investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you’ve paid in.
Could be right for you if...
You want to invest from £10 a month or make a lump sum payment of £100 or both.
You want a single fund choice with a guaranteed minimum cash lump sum on your 10-year anniversary of investing. Terms apply.
You want to manage your ISA online and on the go with our My Plans online portal and mobile app available on the App Store and Google Play.
Invest in a single fund
When you set up a MoneyBuilder Select (ISA), your money will be invested in a single fund - the Unitised With-Profits fund.
The information and Key Information Document (KID) below gives you an overview the fund including any charges and should be be read alongside the Product Guide.
- A mixed managed fund from Scottish Friendly where premiums are pooled with those of other clients and returns are linked to the performance of the underlying assets within the fund.
- An investment linked to a cautiously managed portfolio of stock market, property, cash and bond assets.
- Provided you haven't made any withdrawals or switched out of the fund, if you cash in only on the 10th anniversary, or on each subsequent 5th year anniversary thereafter, of your continuous investment in the Unitised With-Profits fund you will receive a guaranteed cash sum of at least as much as you have invested.
Things to think about
- When you cash in, switch out or take a withdrawal from the Unitised With-Profits fund you will receive a value which is in line with the performance of the assets within the fund. This is done by adding a final bonus or deducting a market value reduction.
- No market value reduction can apply on the 10-year anniversary, or on each subsequent 5th year anniversary thereafter, of your continuous investment in the Unitised With-Profits fund, which provides your guaranteed value.
- Continuous investment means you have maintained at least one full unit in the Unitised With-Profits fund and is measured from the first day you invest.