About investing in this Junior ISA
- My Choice (Junior ISA) is a medium to long-term investment of at least 5 years and ideally 10.
- As with all investments, it's important to be aware that the value can go down as well as up, so your child could get back less than you or anyone else has paid in.
- Money in a My Choice (Junior ISA) belongs to your child and they can only withdraw it when they reach 18.
- Once set up, your money is invested in an investment policy. This sits within their Junior ISA, which then invests in the Unitised With-Profits fund. Find out more in the 'What fund can I invest in?' section.
About tax and Junior ISAs
- Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances. Tax law may change in the future.
- Tax-free means the policy grows free of income or capital gains tax (other than tax that's already paid i.e. on dividends from UK shares).
- There are two different types of Junior ISA - Investment Junior ISA and Cash Junior ISA - and your child can only have one of each.
- The current Junior ISA limit is £9,000 and this is the total anyone can invest across both types of Junior ISA for your child in each year.
Not sure about the different types of Junior ISAs? Our Friendly guide might help: