About investing in this Junior ISA
- My Select (Junior ISA) is a medium to long-term investment of at least 5 years and ideally 10.
- As with all investments, it's important to be aware that the value can go down as well as up, so your child could get back less than you've paid in.
- Available to children under 18 who are resident in the UK and didn't qualify for a Child Trust Fund.
- Money in a My Select (Junior ISA) belongs to the child and they can only withdraw it when they reach 18.
- If the child withdraws money before the end of 5 years, there will be a £50 deduction from the withdrawal value.
About tax and Junior ISAs
- Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances. Tax law may change in the future.
- Tax-free means the policy grows free of income or capital gains tax (other than tax that's already paid i.e. on dividends from UK shares).
- There are two different types of Junior ISA - Investment Junior ISA and Cash Junior ISA - and your child can only have one of each.
- The current Junior ISA limit is £4,368 and this is the total anyone can invest across both types of Junior ISA for the child in each year.
If you want more information about the different types of Junior ISAs, our guide might help: