When you set up a My Ethical Choice (ISA), your money will be invested in an investment policy within a Scottish Friendly ISA. The policy then invests in our International Ethical fund. To apply for this ISA you need to be 18 or over and a UK resident. You can subscribe to only one stocks and shares ISA each tax year. For the current tax year the overall maximum you can save in all your ISA types is £20,000. Please remember that this is a medium to long term investment (of at least 5 years, preferably 10 or more). Your investment will grow free from tax, except for any tax we pay on your behalf (such as on dividends from UK shares). Tax treatment will depend on your own individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. Investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you’ve paid in.
Could be right for you if...
You want to invest from £10 a month or make a lump sum payment of £100 or both
You want a single fund choice of an International Ethical fund.
You want to manage your ISA online and on the go with our My Plans online portal and mobile app available on The App Store and Google Play.
If you would like to pay in regular contributions of £100 a month or more and don’t need the flexibility of stopping, lowering or restarting your payments, we have another product that could be more suited to you. My Prime (ISA) gives you access to the same fund, whilst enabling you to invest more.
Invest in a single fund
When you set up a My Ethical Choice (ISA), your money will be invested in a single fund - the International Ethical fund.
This information and Key Information Document (KID) below gives you an overview of the fund, including any charges, and should be read alongside the Product Guide.
- Designed to invest in shares of global companies that have been assessed to meet ethical criteria.
- An investment linked to an index that includes global companies but minimal, if any, direct exposure to non-renewable energy, adult entertainment, alcohol, gambling, tobacco or weapons and companies that do not meet the UN Global Compact Principles.
Things to think about
- Give your money access to the long-term growth potential of ethical global growth.
- Your cash-in value can rise and fall daily and you could get back less than you have paid in.
- Your fund’s performance will depend mainly on the movement in global stock markets but also on the specific value of the qualifying stocks and shares contained within the underlying fund. Also, as a fund which is linked to international stocks and shares your return will also be exposed to movements in the currency markets.
- The fund’s ethical criteria does not reduce the investment risk associated with this form of investment.
- Your own views on ethical investing may change over time and therefore this fund may no longer meet your own personal views of ethical investing.
What you could get back?
See how your money could grow based on your premium and fund choice within a My Ethical Choice (ISA). This tool provides examples of what you could get back in the future based on a payment amount.
Projected returns on
- lump sum
- per month
- Invested in the
- Over years at
- yearly payment increase rate
- * Total amount invested of at per month