To apply for this ISA you need to be 18 or over and a UK resident. You can subscribe to only one stocks and shares ISA each tax year. For the current tax year the overall maximum you can save in all your ISA types is £20,000. Please remember that this is a medium to long term investment (of at least 5 years, preferably 10). Your investment will grow free from tax, except for any tax we pay on your behalf (such as on dividends from UK shares). Tax treatment will depend on your own individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. Investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you’ve paid in.
Could be right for you and your child if...
You want to invest from £10 a month or make a lump sum payment of £100 or both.
You want a choice of two funds, our Unitised With-Profits fund and our UK Tracker fund.
You want to manage your ISA online and on the go with our My Plans online portal and mobile app available on the App Store and Google Play.
Your investment choices
When you set up a My Style Select (ISA) the money will be invested in an investment policy with a Scottish Friendly ISA. The policy then invests in your choice of fund or funds. There are two funds to invest in, so you can make the choice that suits your needs best.
The information together with the Key Information Documents (KIDS) below give you an overview of each fund inluding any charges and should be read alongside the Product Guide.
- A mixed managed fund from Scottish Friendly where premiums are pooled with those of other clients and returns are linked to the performance of the underlying assets within the fund.
- An investment linked to a cautiously managed portfolio of stock market, property, cash and bond assets.
- Provided you haven't made any withdrawals or switched out of the fund, if you cash in only on the 10th anniversary, or each subsequent 5th year anniversary thereafter, of your continuous investment in the Unitised With-Profits fund you will receive a guaranteed cash sum of at least as much as you have invested.
Things to think about
- When you cash in, switch out or take a withdrawal from the Unitised With-Profits fund you will receive a value which is in line with the performance of the assets within the fund. This is done by adding a final bonus or deducting a market value reduction.
- Continuous investment means you have maintained at least one full unit in the Unitised With-Profits fund and is measured from the first day you invest.
- Designed to closely track the performance of the UK stock market.
- An investment linked to an index of the UK stock market. It is designed to link to well known high street brands and companies listed in the UK.
- Give your money the long-term growth potential of the UK stock market.
Things to think about
- Your cash-in value can rise and fall on a daily basis and you could get back less than you have paid in.
- The funds performance will be mainly dependent on the movement in the UK stock market.
What you could you get back?
See how your money could grow based on your premium and fund choice within a My Style Select (ISA). This tool provides examples of what you could get back in the future based on a payment amount.
Projected returns on
- lump sum
- per month
- Invested in the
- Over years at
- yearly payment increase rate
- * Total amount invested of at per month
Another bonus we have to help our customers is our My Benefits Vectis discount card. After you have signed up for My Plans and opted to go paperless, we'll send you out the card in the post. Once you register the card online you are ready to make some fantastic savings and take advantage of special offers from leading brands such as ASDA, Waitrose, John Lewis and partners, B&Q, Currys, Sainsburys and many many more! You can also download the Vectis Card app in the App Store or Google Play, then use the card via the app on your mobile.
Investing can seem like a tricky business, so if you have a few questions or aren't sure where to start, we have some useful guides to help get you started.